Eclipse feature like NetBeans virtual filesystems?

Steve Sobol

Does Eclipse have a feature like NetBeans' virtual filesystem feature? Am I
just missing it? Going through the Import/Export dialog is a royal pain when
I want to work directly on a CVS or FTP server.

Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / (e-mail address removed) / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

Dale King

Steve said:
Does Eclipse have a feature like NetBeans' virtual filesystem feature?
Am I just missing it? Going through the Import/Export dialog is a royal
pain when I want to work directly on a CVS or FTP server.

Eclipse supports CVS so you can check out projects from CVS.

There is a WebDAV plugin that will let you map projects to FTP sites and
can also do the same for Subversion (which is a better alternative to
CVS).

See: http://eclipsewiki.editme.com/Webdav