eclipse fiasco - source path

timasmith

I hate causing my own problems... dammit.

So I had two Eclipse projects with directories

com.mysite.application..
com.mysite.framework..
and
com.mysite2.application..
com.mysite2.framework..

I created a new project with com.my.framework... which consolidated the
shared code.

For some bizarre reason the only way I could get the projects to access
the shared code I had to use:
build path-->link additional source to project -->create new folder
pointing to the shared code

Seemed to work for one project but no I am all screwed up.

The framework code is complaining of unsolved types - despite the
imports correct (and I can f3 and see the definition of the "missing"
objects).

Not sure what to do now...

Tim

jlowery05

can you link in the two folders to your shared code project in as
external source directories? The right click menu for some reason
doesn't have the Advanced... button (bug entered on this, BTW), but the
menu drop down does (as does the edit build path dialog parented one).
If you click that button, you don't have to create a new source
directory, just link in an existing one.