Eclipse (How to add file to Project?)

Duke McPherson

Using Eclipse, how do you get an existing java file to become part of
the project, so that other java files can use it (equivalent to
#include in C)? This seems like it should be easier than it is...

Thanks!

Larry

Duke said:
Using Eclipse, how do you get an existing java file to become part of
the project, so that other java files can use it (equivalent to
#include in C)? This seems like it should be easier than it is...

Thanks!

If it is a JAR file you want to add, goto Projects -> Properties ->
Java Build Path and select "Add External JARs".

IchBin

Duke said:
Using Eclipse, how do you get an existing java file to become part of
the project, so that other java files can use it (equivalent to
#include in C)? This seems like it should be easier than it is...

Thanks!
You did not specify if this is a java source and or class file. There
are at least three two ways to do what you want to do.

First
- put your target file into a jar file.
- Right click on your Eclipse project and select "Properties"
- Select "Java Build Path"
- Select "Add External Jar" and add that jar file you created
- Your project now has access.

Second
- Select main menu Windows\Preferences\Java\Build Path\Classpath Variables
- Add a path to your external code
- then you can add to your projects

Third
- Create a project in Eclipse for you external code.
- House it here
- Any other project that wants to reference this code the do the
following:
- Right click on your Eclipse project sand select "Properties"
- Select Project references
- Select the project you just created do that

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

Oliver Wong

Duke McPherson said:
Using Eclipse, how do you get an existing java file to become part of
the project, so that other java files can use it (equivalent to
#include in C)? This seems like it should be easier than it is...

Two others have given you some answers. Note that "#INCLUDE" in C is a
preprocessor directive, and is part of the preprocessor language. It's
independent of any IDE. That is, the #INCLUDE directive should function the
same way whether you're using Notepad, Emacs, vi, or anything else.

The way you've phrased your question makes it sound like you're asking
about how to do something specifically within Eclipse, which is why the
others have given the answers they did. If they answered the "wrong"
question, you should probably clarify this inconsistency above.

- Oliver

Duke McPherson

IchBin said:
You did not specify if this is a java source and or class file. There
are at least three two ways to do what you want to do.

Java source file. I already have my Eclipse project. I just want
other .java files to be part of the project.

Thanks for the help!

James McGill

Java source file. I already have my Eclipse project. I just want
other .java files to be part of the project.

Put them in the correct dir under your project, and hit File->refresh in
Eclipse.

IchBin

Duke said:
Java source file. I already have my Eclipse project. I just want
other .java files to be part of the project.

Thanks for the help!
OK.. Just select you project or package you want load then into:

- right click and the select "Import"
- Select file system
- Browse to the when the programs are then select the ones you want
- Then "finish"

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

Alex

Easiest way is drag/drop java file from your windows folder to folder
inside Eclipse (not Windows! Just in the Eclipse!).

Joined
Aug 10, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
James McGill said:
On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 16:28 -0700, Duke McPherson wrote:

> Java source file. I already have my Eclipse project. I just want
> other .java files to be part of the project.

Put them in the correct dir under your project, and hit File->refresh in
Eclipse.

Thank you James, this is exactly what I needed.

Joined
Jun 1, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
using Jar files in a Java project

I have made a java class named "JavaApplication5.java" .

The class has following structure:

public class JavaApplication5 {

public static int app5_int;

public JavaApplication5()
{ app5_int=111;
app5_int=1;

System.out.println("In main");

}

public static void fun(){
app5_int=11;

I have generated a jar file named "MyJarFile.jar" of this Java file .

Now I want to use this jar file into another Java project and want to read value of integer variable app5_int .

I have included the jar file in new project but still I am unable to access any of the class, data members of jar file .