Eclipse - how to change to option: automatic-linebreak

I know there is a place in eclipse where you can turn on
automatic-linebreak, that is - if the line is longer than the width of
the current editor-window - it will automatically continue on the next
line, instead of continuing to the right. So there is no need for
scrolling left-right. If you understand what I mean. This is an
Eclipse-editor issue - not a java-code issue, but did not find any
eclipse-forums here.

Luke Webber

S said:
I know there is a place in eclipse where you can turn on
automatic-linebreak, that is - if the line is longer than the width of
the current editor-window - it will automatically continue on the next
line, instead of continuing to the right. So there is no need for
scrolling left-right. If you understand what I mean. This is an
Eclipse-editor issue - not a java-code issue, but did not find any
eclipse-forums here.

You mean if the code formatter, right? Not in the editor? Because it'd
be a royal pain in the arse if the editor automatically wrapped, IMO.
And I can't see that there's an option for it.

For the code formatter, choose Window|Preferences, select the Java node,
Code style, Formatter and edit the profile. There's a tab labelled "Line
wrapping".

HTH,
Luke

Hm, I checked the settings - and changed it. But it does not change
already written code? Right now I have lines as long as **** - so it
would be great if there was some kind of auto-feature to update all the
code to the new settings.

Thanks for fast reply.

IchBin

S said:
Hm, I checked the settings - and changed it. But it does not change
already written code? Right now I have lines as long as **** - so it
would be great if there was some kind of auto-feature to update all the
code to the new settings.

Thanks for fast reply.
Now select Source / Format

Look at it before you save it.

--

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

Hendrik Maryns

S schreef:
I know there is a place in eclipse where you can turn on
automatic-linebreak, that is - if the line is longer than the width of
the current editor-window - it will automatically continue on the next
line, instead of continuing to the right. So there is no need for
scrolling left-right. If you understand what I mean. This is an
Eclipse-editor issue - not a java-code issue, but did not find any
eclipse-forums here.

Eclipse has its own newsserver: news.eclipse.org, and there is a
newsgroup eclipse.newcomer. You´ll need to ask for a password for the
server first, see the website (they don´t ask anything, it´s just an
anti-spam measure).

Furthermore, look into Ctrl+Shift+F on Win or Esc Ctrl+F on Linux.

H.

--
Hendrik Maryns

www.lieverleven.be