    TIA,

    Best Regards,
    Giovanni
    Giovanni Azua, Oct 31, 2006

  2. "Giovanni Azua" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > Something has been bothering me for a long time already is the error
    > message from Eclipse when you try creating a Java project from
    > existing source and it shows the silly error message "can not create
    > project"
    > never have understood what's wrong ... any clues?
    >
    > Sometimes in some versions it works sometimes it doesn't ... specially
    > when the existing source project is placed outside the default projects
    > folders ...
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > Giovanni

    I seriously doubt that the error message is "silly".
    It is telling you something very important - eclipse cannot create the
    project.

    One reason might be that you do not have write permission in the
    directory where you are trying to create the project.
    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow
    Fred Kleinschmidt, Oct 31, 2006