Eclipse ignores cvsignore file

Veerle

Hi,

I use Eclipse 3.4.1 with an existing CVS repository. When I look at my
Team Synchronizing perspective, I see files marked as new that I don't
want to check in to CVS like .project and .classpath. When I right
click these files the menu item "Add to cvsignore" is disabled. So I
wanted to add the files manually to the .cvsignore file of the folder
where these files are, but they are already in the .cvsignore file...
That is probably why the menuitem is disabled, they cannot be added
because they're already in it. But why does the Team Synchronizing
perspective still shows them when it's clear they should be ignored? I
did some Google searches and found some posts about the same problem
but there are no solutions there...

Veerle

Veerle

Hi,

I use Eclipse 3.4.1 with an existing CVS repository. When I look at my
Team Synchronizing perspective, I see files marked as new that I don't
want to check in to CVS like .project and .classpath. When I right
click these files the menu item "Add to cvsignore" is disabled. So I
wanted to add the files manually to the .cvsignore file of the folder
where these files are, but they are already in the .cvsignore file...
That is probably why the menuitem is disabled, they cannot be added
because they're already in it. But why does the Team Synchronizing
perspective still shows them when it's clear they should be ignored? I
did some Google searches and found some posts about the same problem
but there are no solutions there...

Veerle

I found the solution myself. It is because these files are not new,
they are just modified, so they already exist in cvs which is why you
cannot ignore them.