    files within JCreator.

    Any ideas?
    Emma

    Emma Kilkelly via JavaKB.com, Feb 3, 2005

  2. Emma Kilkelly via JavaKB.com

    Bryce Guest

    On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 16:28:19 GMT, "Emma Kilkelly via JavaKB.com"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm trying to compile an java file in Eclipse to generate files to use with
    >JavaBeans in tomcat. I can seem to find any tool to compile it with.
    >Alternatively, I can use JCreator if anyone knows how to add oracle jar
    >files within JCreator.

    Eclipse compiles on the fly. It either puts it in the same folder as
    the source files, or you can specify a different location.

    --
    now with more cowbell
    Bryce, Feb 3, 2005

  3. Emma Kilkelly via JavaKB.com

    Bjorn Abelli Guest

    "Emma Kilkelly via JavaKB.com" wrote...

    > I'm trying to compile an java file in Eclipse to generate files to use
    > with
    > JavaBeans in tomcat. I can seem to find any tool to compile it with.
    > Alternatively, I can use JCreator if anyone knows how to add oracle jar
    > files within JCreator.

    To include jar-files to the classpath from within JCreator can be done in
    two ways:

    1. To have them always present in your profile,
    choose [Configure][Options][JDK_Profiles]
    and [Edit] the Profile you want to use.
    Under the tab [Classes], you simply [Add] the [Archive].

    2. Another way, is to make them "required libraries" for
    only the projects you want to include them into.
    When you have a Project open,
    choose [Project][Project Properties]. Under the tab
    [Required Libraries][New] you do [Add][Add Archive].

    The first approach is somewhat "easier", but consequently the classpath will
    grow very large after a while, if every jar-file you'll ever need is
    added...

    For the second approach you only pick those libraries that are suited for
    the specific project, but on the other hand, you have to remember to do so,
    and it will only work with projects, not single files...

    // Bjorn A
    Bjorn Abelli, Feb 3, 2005