    jumpstart Guest

    What is the meaning of "M"? in eclipse version 3.0M4?

    where can i download that older version?

    jumpstart, Jul 25, 2005

  2. jumpstart

    Chris Smith Guest

    jumpstart <> wrote:
    > What is the meaning of "M"? in eclipse version 3.0M4?
    >
    > where can i download that older version?

    It means "milestone". Version 3.0M4 was a specific code set that formed
    a well-known midway point toward releasing version 3.0. It is a
    development version and not actually released... but many people use
    milestones of Eclipse anyway since they tend to be relatively stable and
    Eclipse has an insanely long release cycle.

    Since 3.0 has been out for a very long time, a 3.0 milestone release is
    very old indeed. The closest you could get from Eclipse's web site is
    the final 3.0 release, which is slightly over a year old. 3.0M4 is
    probably 3 to 9 months older than that, and is apparently no longer
    available from the Eclipse web site.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation

    Chris Smith, Jul 26, 2005

  3. jumpstart

    jumpstart Guest

    Thanks Chris.

    By the way, any one know..where can i find the versions for eclipse 2.*
    ?

    I'm in need of them, as some of my plug-ins are not working with the
    latest 3.0 version.

    Thanks again

    jumpstart, Jul 26, 2005
  4. jumpstart

    Roland Guest

    On 26-7-2005 6:39, jumpstart wrote:
    > Thanks Chris.
    >
    > By the way, any one know..where can i find the versions for eclipse 2.*
    > ?
    >
    > I'm in need of them, as some of my plug-ins are not working with the
    > latest 3.0 version.
    >
    > Thanks again

    Go to <http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/index.php> and
    scroll down to the "Latest Releases". There you'll find links to older
    releases, e.g. 2.1.3
    <http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-2.1.3-200403101828/index.php>.

    --
    Regards,