    userfriendly as Visual Studio 2003?

    Thx for replying.
    Dexter.
    Dexter, May 9, 2005

  2. Dexter

    David Segall Guest

    "Dexter" <> wrote:

    >Hi !
    >
    >I am new to java and dng stuff on Java Media Framework. Which is the
    >best IDE for Java? I have Eclipse and NetBeans, both with latest
    >versions. Is there any other IDE which is more flexible and
    >userfriendly as Visual Studio 2003?

    I found JBuilder (http://www.borland.com/jbuilder/) the easiest
    transition from Visual Basic. This is probably not surprising since
    Visual Basic was developed after Delphi. The Foundation edition is a
    free download.
    David Segall, May 9, 2005

  3. David Segall wrote:

    >"Dexter" <> wrote:
    >

    >>Hi !
    >>
    >>I am new to java and dng stuff on Java Media Framework. Which is the
    >>best IDE for Java? I have Eclipse and NetBeans, both with latest
    >>versions. Is there any other IDE which is more flexible and
    >>userfriendly as Visual Studio 2003?
    >>

    >I found JBuilder (http://www.borland.com/jbuilder/) the easiest
    >transition from Visual Basic. This is probably not surprising since
    >Visual Basic was developed after Delphi. The Foundation edition is a
    >free download.

    But consider that Borland is now a Strategic Developer in the Eclipse
    foundation.
    http://www.itwriting.com/jbuilderfutures.php.

    --
    Cheers, www.indiegamedesign.com
    Brandon Van Every Seattle, WA

    "The pioneer is the one with the arrows in his back."
    - anonymous entrepreneur
    Brandon J. Van Every, May 9, 2005
  4. Dexter

    Noah Fiedel Guest

    Hi Dexter,
    I've used eclipse & NetBeans a good deal now. Until a month
    ago, I used eclipse mostly in my spare time (i.e. outside of work) for
    testing out ideas & trying small sample apps. eclipse was nice & had
    some great features - and I got fairly comfortable with it.
    Then, a month ago, I started on a project with > 15,000 files
    and > 50 ANT build scripts. The other developers on this project all
    use NetBeans 3.x. I tried for a week to use eclipse and it was very
    frustrating getting an existing, IDE-independent app to work. One day I
    downloaded NetBeans 4.1 RC1 (release candidate) and it was immediately
    useful. I've been productive with NB4.1RC1 from the first day, and only
    found one bug which should be fixed in the final release. This bug, FYI
    - NB4.1RC1 creates new Java files on Windows with Unix-style line
    breaks (which I've since fixed in jEdit).
    Anyhow - I would recommend trying both. If you want to do any
    Swing UI development, NB4.1 (and earlier I think) has a pretty decent
    drag and drop designer allowing for rapid prototyping & learning about
    the available Swing components. Both have an expanding set of ANT build
    capabilities & I would recommend keeping your scripts IDE independent
    anyhow (i.e. build them yourself).

    Best of luck on your project,
    Noah
    Noah Fiedel, May 10, 2005
  5. Hello,

    Dexter wrote:
    > Hi !
    >
    > I am new to java and dng stuff on Java Media Framework. Which is the
    > best IDE for Java? I have Eclipse and NetBeans, both with latest

    both IDE are good for Java, I think Netbeans have all in one IDE.
    In Eclipse you must search for plugins, this is not so easy to find out
    the right plugins.
    > versions. Is there any other IDE which is more flexible and
    > userfriendly as Visual Studio 2003?

    I use Netbeans 4.1rc2 in the moment, I think it's look more to Visual
    Studio as Eclipse.

    Take a look a booth IDE and decide self.
    Or take a look to other IDE's (IDEA, JDeveloper, JBuilder).

    Michael

    --
    http://www.smurfi.de
    Kroll, Michael, May 10, 2005