Eclipse "perspective" customization -- more efficient way?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Eeby, Jan 25, 2008.

  1. Eeby

    Eeby Guest

    When I install Eclipse (which I do at least a few times a year when I
    work on a new machine), the Window > Open perspective menu has only
    two or three options. Right now I have "debug", "java", "resource",
    and "other". If I want to get to Java EE or Subversion browsing, I
    have to select "other" which opens a dialog where I can select from
    the rest of the perspectives.

    The remedy is to go to Window > Customize Perspective and wrangle with
    the dialog that comes up. After you "customize perspective" you have
    to "save perspective" which takes you through a sequence of two
    dialogs. That entire operation has to be done five or six times every
    time I install Eclipse. Once for each perspective that I use
    regularly.

    Does anyone know of a way to customize several perspectives at once?
    Is there a perspective config file somewhere? I looked in the Eclipse
    help but didn't find an answer to this question.

    Thanks,

    Eeby, Jan 25, 2008