Eclipse "perspective" customization -- more efficient way?

Eeby

When I install Eclipse (which I do at least a few times a year when I
work on a new machine), the Window > Open perspective menu has only
two or three options. Right now I have "debug", "java", "resource",
and "other". If I want to get to Java EE or Subversion browsing, I
have to select "other" which opens a dialog where I can select from
the rest of the perspectives.

The remedy is to go to Window > Customize Perspective and wrangle with
the dialog that comes up. After you "customize perspective" you have
to "save perspective" which takes you through a sequence of two
dialogs. That entire operation has to be done five or six times every
time I install Eclipse. Once for each perspective that I use
regularly.

Does anyone know of a way to customize several perspectives at once?
Is there a perspective config file somewhere? I looked in the Eclipse
help but didn't find an answer to this question.

Thanks,