    should be changed automatically. How can I access the second view from
    the first? Can somebody give me a simple code or link?
    Thanks in advance!
    ttrifonov, Dec 27, 2005

  2. ttrifonov

    IchBin Guest

    ttrifonov wrote:
    > Hello and Merry Christmas!
    >
    > Well, I have to create a plugin with two views. When the user change
    > the selection in the first view - the displayed info in the second
    > should be changed automatically. How can I access the second view from
    > the first? Can somebody give me a simple code or link?
    > Thanks in advance!

    Your best bet for an answer is to post to the newsgroup server at
    news.eclipse.org

    Say eclipse.platform.swt or eclipse.tools.jdt or eclipse.newcomer

    You will need to get a free login and password from Eclipse.org first at..

    http://eclipse.org/newsgroups/

    --

    Thanks in Advance...
    IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

    -William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)
    IchBin, Dec 27, 2005

  3. ttrifonov

    Chris Smith Guest

    ttrifonov <> wrote:
    > Well, I have to create a plugin with two views. When the user change
    > the selection in the first view - the displayed info in the second
    > should be changed automatically. How can I access the second view from
    > the first? Can somebody give me a simple code or link?

    If at all possible and sensible, it looks like maybe you should instead
    define an extension point for the choice in the first view, and have
    your code notify an extension point with a fixed interface. The second
    view would come with an extension declared on that extension point.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation
    Chris Smith, Dec 28, 2005