[Eclipse] Plugins with dependencies on standard JARs

Discussion in 'Java' started by Bill Grant, Sep 18, 2004.

  1. Bill Grant

    Bill Grant Guest

    Hi folks--

    Apologies if this is the wrong newsgroup, I couldn't find one specific
    to Eclipse.

    Basically what I am trying to do is create an Eclipse Plug-in which
    uses a Cloudscape embedded database. What I can't understand is how I
    should reference the external JAR. Also, do I need to copy the JAR
    inside of my plug-in or can I make an assumption the user has
    Cloudscape installed?

    I've posed my question specific to Cloudscape, but I am really looking
    for general guidance on dependancies with external jars and how to
    deal with the classpath.

    TIA,
    Bill

    Bill Grant, Sep 18, 2004

  2. Hi Bill,

    if you register at eclipse.org you can get about 30 eclipse related
    newsgroups from news.eclipse.org
    Also there is an online search for all newsgroups and articles under
    http://eclipse.org under "search" in the left side menu.

    Best Regards,
    feri

    Ferenc Hechler, Oct 20, 2004