[Eclipse] Plugins with dependencies on standard JARs

Bill Grant

Hi folks--

Apologies if this is the wrong newsgroup, I couldn't find one specific
to Eclipse.

Basically what I am trying to do is create an Eclipse Plug-in which
uses a Cloudscape embedded database. What I can't understand is how I
should reference the external JAR. Also, do I need to copy the JAR
inside of my plug-in or can I make an assumption the user has
Cloudscape installed?

I've posed my question specific to Cloudscape, but I am really looking
for general guidance on dependancies with external jars and how to
deal with the classpath.

TIA,
Bill

Ferenc Hechler

Hi Bill,

if you register at eclipse.org you can get about 30 eclipse related
newsgroups from news.eclipse.org
Also there is an online search for all newsgroups and articles under
http://eclipse.org under "search" in the left side menu.

Best Regards,
feri