Eclipse project structure

Hipo

Hi.
I have a question on the Package Explorer of Eclipse. I have different
folders located there, named src, doc, bin, ...

To meet a coding standard, I have to rearrange the order of these
elements but cannot figure out how. Does anybody know if it is possible
at all?

greets, Hipo

Chris Smith

Hipo said:
Hi.
I have a question on the Package Explorer of Eclipse. I have different
folders located there, named src, doc, bin, ...

To meet a coding standard, I have to rearrange the order of these
elements but cannot figure out how. Does anybody know if it is possible
at all?

The order of directory entries is undefined on all operating systems
that I'm aware of. Eclipse alphabetizes them, so you would need to
rename the folders in order to change their order. Even then, though,
you'd just be changing the apparent order, because there is NO real
order defined for directory entries. At least not on any system I've
used such as Windows, DOS, anything UNIX-ish, or OpenVMS... and almost
certainly not anywhere worth mentioning.

Perhaps there's a misunderstanding here. Are you sure you're
interpreting those coding standards correctly? If so, are you sure you
want to work in an environment that produced them?