    while waiting for python script to connect".

    Who know how to deal with it.
    Thanx

    angel, Jul 23, 2004

  2. "angel" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > hi
    >
    > I use win2000 + eclipse + pydev to developing and python program.On my
    > machine, python.exe perhaps spend 10 second on starting. Now, when I use
    > eclipse+pydev to debug, eclipse tell me a error "Timed out after 5.0

    seconds
    > while waiting for python script to connect".
    >
    > Who know how to deal with it.
    > Thanx

    Hmm, that's funny. On mine it starts instantly. Try running python -v to see
    if anything is taking a long time to start up. Or maybe you're running it
    across a slow network.

    Nick

    Nick Smallbone, Jul 23, 2004

  3. angel

    Miklós Guest

    "angel" <> wrote in message
    > hi
    >
    > I use win2000 + eclipse + pydev to developing and python program.On my
    > machine, python.exe perhaps spend 10 second on starting. Now, when I use
    > eclipse+pydev to debug, eclipse tell me a error "Timed out after 5.0

    seconds
    > while waiting for python script to connect".
    >
    > Who know how to deal with it.

    Use Linux on that computer. :D

    Miklós

    Miklós, Jul 23, 2004
  4. angel

    Steve Menard Guest

    Nick Smallbone wrote:

    > "angel" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>hi
    >>
    >>I use win2000 + eclipse + pydev to developing and python program.On my
    >>machine, python.exe perhaps spend 10 second on starting. Now, when I use
    >>eclipse+pydev to debug, eclipse tell me a error "Timed out after 5.0

    > seconds
    >
    >>while waiting for python script to connect".
    >>
    >>Who know how to deal with it.
    >>Thanx
    >>

    > Hmm, that's funny. On mine it starts instantly. Try running python -v to see
    > if anything is taking a long time to start up. Or maybe you're running it
    > across a slow network.
    >
    > Nick

    One thing to check is which python you're using. I believe PyDEV by
    default uses jython/jpython, which might account for the slow startup time.

    Steve

    Steve Menard, Jul 23, 2004