    yet I keep using it b/c I've always done all my work in eclipse. Now i am
    getting worried as there is no decent ruby support there AFAIK.

    Does that DLTK stuff work very well ? I suppose I'll give it a go.

    jOhn, May 8, 2008

  2. On May 8, 8:17=A0am, jOhn <> wrote:
    > Yeah the RDT plugin for eclipse work is painful. =A0It used to be pretty
    > slick.
    >
    > Eclipse v3.3 and the last RDT. =A0The rdt guy got hired by aptana, so it l=

    ooks
    > like that plugin is no longer or not updated. =A0In eclipse its constantly=

    > messing up the formatting / display, memory leaks all over the place, and
    > yet I keep using it b/c I've always done all my work in eclipse. =A0Now i =

    am
    > getting worried as there is no decent ruby support there AFAIK.
    >
    > Does that DLTK stuff work very well ? =A0I suppose I'll give it a go.

    I agree. The copy/paste is so messed up in RDT it's dangerous (it
    sometimes copies _extra_ text), and you're right about the formatting,
    along with a few other weird things that happen from time to time. I
    do everything in gvim now, and use Eclipse mostly for project
    management or just _viewing_ Ruby files.

    I'd suggest that the Sun/JRuby folks take over RDT, but I think
    they're committed to Netbeans.

    Regards,

    Dan

    Daniel Berger, May 8, 2008

  3. jOhn

    jOhn Guest

    Yep DLTK is not bad, it doesn't run unit tests in the JUnit panel/view, but
    it does run them with outputs to console. Thumbs up, moving forward !

    jOhn, May 8, 2008
  4. jOhn

    jOhn Guest

    Yeah the trick was to:

    Disable all of the RDT plugins in configuration manager.

    Then open the .metadata workspace folder and delete out any RDT plugins.

    Then delete the ruby project files.

    Then delete from the eclipse plugin folder any RDT folders or jars.

    Then install DLTK for ruby. Add in your ruby interpreter.

    Then you have a great workspace for ruby stuff.

    jOhn, May 10, 2008
  5. On May 10, 11:00 am, jOhn <> wrote:
    > Yeah the trick was to:
    >
    > Disable all of the RDT plugins in configuration manager.
    >
    > Then open the .metadata workspace folder and delete out any RDT plugins.
    >
    > Then delete the ruby project files.
    >
    > Then delete from the eclipse plugin folder any RDT folders or jars.
    >
    > Then install DLTK for ruby. Add in your ruby interpreter.
    >
    > Then you have a great workspace for ruby stuff.

    Um, isn't the DLTK for Ruby just RDT? Because, now that I look at the
    configuration, I don't have an explicit entry for RDT, just DLTK for
    Ruby. So, all of the problems I've described actually apply to DLTK.

    Regards,

    Dan

    Daniel Berger, May 11, 2008
  6. jOhn

    jOhn Guest

    Nope, RDT is from rubypeople.org and is now dead. DLTK is an official
    eclipse dynamic lang toolkit. If you update your eclipse, be sure to scroll
    to the bottom repo and select the DLTK repo for the latest updates, I don't
    have any issues other than no JUnit (and the nice greenbar) panel for unit
    tests.

    jOhn, May 12, 2008