    Is there a way to fix this? Im writing to System.err so the stream
    should be auto-flushing.

    , Mar 5, 2007

  2. Jason Cavett Guest

    On Mar 5, 10:11 am, wrote:
    > Why does god damn Eclipse not send any output to the console in debug
    > mode until termination of the program? What fecking use is that to
    > anyone???
    >
    > Is there a way to fix this? Im writing to System.err so the stream
    > should be auto-flushing.

    Whenever I've used Eclipse in debug mode, it always writes out to the
    console as soon as it hits the line the actually does the output
    (System.err, System.out, etc.). This may be a dumb question, but are
    you actually reaching the line that is writing the output?

    Jason Cavett, Mar 5, 2007

    Yes, Im stepping into and over the lines that do the output ... they
    just refuse to send anything to screen until termination.

    Finding the same thing using JDB from the commandline. Maybe Im
    missing a JDB option or something, or perhaps its JDK related. Using
    Sun 1.6 presently.

    Hendrik Maryns, Mar 5, 2007