Eclipse SWT on MacOSX

dr. Hans van der Meer

Does someone know the answer to the following problem:

I would like to produce a stand-alone Java Application with Eclipse SWT (Apple
MacOSX 10.3.6, Java1.4.2_05, Eclipse_3.1M3).
I followed the instructions in the article "Bundling Java/SWT Applications for
Mac OS X" by Nathan Callender (September 30, 2004),
notably: "CFBundleExecutable: Š if you are running Java 1.4.2_04 and the
Eclipse 3.1 stream, you can use the default Java launcher for Mac OSX
(JavaApplicationStub) provided that you also specify the JVMOption:
The core of the application bundle was made with Jar-bundler, then the rest of
the inner structure added and Info.plist adapted.

1. I am in doubt of the expression "JVMOption:<key> StartOnMainThread </key>
<true/>", because in the Apple Documents "Java 1.4 Info.plist Java Dictionary
Keys" and "Java 1.4 Virtual Machine Options" neither JVMOption is mentioned
(only VMOptions) nor a key StartOnMainThread.

2. Whatever I am trying (and I varies a lot of things in Info.plist), double
clicking the bundle doesn't work. Apparently something starts up but then dies
as fast as it is started. Not even the older configuration mentioned in the
article (with java_swt as starter) works.

I would be grateful if someone can point the right way.
Thanks in advance,

Hans van der Meer