eclipse/tomcat debugging variable problems

MileHighCelt

configuration:
Eclipse 3.1.0
Sysdeo plugin V3
Tomcat 4.1

I have a Struts application that I am trying to debug within Eclipse.
I can set breakpoints and step thru without problem. But when I try to
inspect variables and classes within methods I get a message that it
"cannot be resolved". I have tried adding it to the expressions and
they appear up there with the same message. The one exception is the
arguments in the method, those can all be fully inspected.

Anyone know what I might be doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Raymond DeCampo

MileHighCelt said:
configuration:
Eclipse 3.1.0
Sysdeo plugin V3
Tomcat 4.1

I have a Struts application that I am trying to debug within Eclipse.
I can set breakpoints and step thru without problem. But when I try to
inspect variables and classes within methods I get a message that it
"cannot be resolved". I have tried adding it to the expressions and
they appear up there with the same message. The one exception is the
arguments in the method, those can all be fully inspected.

Anyone know what I might be doing wrong here?

Thanks,

The debug information has been stripped from the class files. Recompile
with options set to keep the debug information.

Ray

MileHighCelt

Thank you for the advice. I am looking in the project properties and I
don't see the debug options. Can you tell me how to set this?