Eclipse Visual Editor extensions - source code?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Steven J. Sobol, Dec 25, 2006.

  1. I found a very useful Swing layout (http://datadosen.se/riverlayout/index.jsp)
    that I am now using in some of my GUIs. Since Eclipse's Visual Editor doesn't
    support it out-of-the-box, I'd like to create an addon that will allow me to
    use it in VE.

    Decent documentation exists for creating VE extensions for UI
    components you create as Java Beans, but the documentation for adding
    layout manager support to VE is sketchy, other than "edit a couple
    layout.override files and create a class that extends LayoutPolicy".

    Does anyone know of any existing, working Visual Editor addons
    that have source code available that I could build on??

    Thanks,
    SJS

    --
    Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
    Victorville, California PGP:0xE3AE35ED

    It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.

    Steven J. Sobol, Dec 25, 2006