Eclipse Visual Editor Plugin Simple Question

albaine

I just started with Eclipse yesterday and love it. Today I'm
struggling with a plug-in problem.

What I tried:

1. Unzipped eclipse 3.1.2 to C:\Program Files\eclipse
2. Unzipped VE-runtime-1.1.0.1.zip to the Desktop and copied plugins\
and features\ into C:\Program Files\eclipse.

What happened:

I don't see any way to use the plugin by right clicking on a class or
by clicking File > New >, so I don't think I've configured the plugin
properly; however, I _do_ see "Visual Editor 1.1.0.1" in Help >
Software Updates > Manage Configuration under c:\Program Files\eclipse.
When I right click on Show Properties > Status, Eclipse tells me "This
feature is configured properly." I also see "Visual Editor for Java
User Guide" in Help > Contents. So Eclipse has recognized the plugin
to some extent. But not to the extent that I can use it!

My sincere thanks in advance for any help.

Andrew Baine

Roland de Ruiter

[...]

Did you also install the two other plugins required for VE: EMF and GEF?

Do you see any VE related files in File > New, e.g.
File > New > Other > Java > Visual Class
File > New > Other > Java > Swing > ...
File > New > Other > Java > AWT > ...