Eclipse - Visual Editor Problem

joe

Hola, Hi,
i'm a beginner in Java and in the Eclipse Platform but unsuccesfuly
and i'm trying to work with the Visual Editor in Eclipse. I load all
the plug-ins about Visual Editor but I only can see inside Eclipse in
the help sheets. I can't associate the .java files to the VE editor.
Anybody can help me?
Thanks in advance.

joe nach.
'...absolutary a beginner...'

Chas Douglass

(e-mail address removed) (joe) wrote in @posting.google.com:
Hola, Hi,
i'm a beginner in Java and in the Eclipse Platform but unsuccesfuly
and i'm trying to work with the Visual Editor in Eclipse. I load all
the plug-ins about Visual Editor but I only can see inside Eclipse in
the help sheets. I can't associate the .java files to the VE editor.
Anybody can help me?
Thanks in advance.

joe nach.
'...absolutary a beginner...'

You'd probably get a better response in eclipse.tools.ve.

After installing VE you should be able to left-click a file in the package
view and select "Open With" -> "Visual Editor". Does that work?

If not, I suggest you head to the eclipse newsgroups.

Chas Douglass

Thomas G. Marshall

joe coughed up:
Hola, Hi,
i'm a beginner in Java and in the Eclipse Platform but unsuccesfuly
and i'm trying to work with the Visual Editor in Eclipse. I load all
the plug-ins about Visual Editor but I only can see inside Eclipse in
the help sheets. I can't associate the .java files to the VE editor.
Anybody can help me?
Thanks in advance.

joe nach.
'...absolutary a beginner...'

You don't have to be a absolutary (sic) a beginner to be mystified by
eclipse at any level.

Eclipse, like most software products that wish to be tailorable at the
lowest possible level, suffer from installation and setup dope smoke. Or at
least the designers did.

In some ways it seems like a nifty idea. Be much like the SVr4 derivative
unixes, which make everything in the operating system a dynamically loaded
device driver. Make them wizbang plugins /be/ the application. But that
only works well when the installation and setup instructions are bullet
proof, which they are not.