Eclipse Web Tools Platform (WTP) project Milestone M5

Discussion in 'XML' started by Vikram Sorathia, Jul 5, 2005.

  1. hi,

    I am a novice developer in ECLIPSE. I am interested in developing web
    services on Eclipse Platform.

    I am trying to install WebTools Platform from the following site:
    http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/

    According to the web site, the latest Stable Build is 1.0M5 published
    on June 30, 2005.

    Here is what i am doing

    I first unzipped eclipse-SDK-3.1-win32.zip [105,476 KB] in my C Drive.

    Then I unzipped following files at the same location.
    emf-sdo-xsd-SDK-I200506230200 [20,885 KB]
    GEF-SDK-3.1RC4[5,571 KB]
    JEM-SDK-I20050623 [2,672 KB]

    Having installed the prerequisits, now i am installing the Web Tool
    Project files.

    wtp-sdk-1.0M5 [44,187 KB]
    wtp-wst-sdk-1.0M5 [ 29,945 KB]

    I am then also installing the test packages.

    After following such procedure, when i am opening my eclipse IDE, it is
    not showing me anything related to the WTP project. The Tutorials on
    the site.
    For example, a tutorial on "Bottom Up Web Service Supporting Flexible
    Projects " ask the user to open "File -> New -> Other... -> Web -> J2EE
    Web Module to create a new flexible project and Web module " which is
    actually no where available in the installation.

    Kindly help me solve this problem.

    Many thanks in advance.

    -VSS
    Vikram Sorathia, Jul 5, 2005