Eclipse, Windows, cygwin and MinGW

Brian Hall

I have both mingw and cygwin on a Windows machine.
I have installed Eclipse, with the CDT, and written a 'Hello World' test
program.

I would like Eclipse to use the mingw complier but looking through the
project's settings Eclipse seems to have created its own PATH variable
with c:/cygwin/bin ahead of a suitable path to the mingw binaries.

I can't figure out how to tell Eclipse that I do not want c:/cygwin /bin
in the path (editing doesn't seem to be enabled). Moreover, my Windows
environment variables do not refer to cygwin or mingw directories!

Any suggestions?

Alf P. Steinbach

* Brian Hall:
I have both mingw and cygwin on a Windows machine.
I have installed Eclipse, with the CDT, and written a 'Hello World' test
program.

I would like Eclipse to use the mingw complier but looking through the
project's settings Eclipse seems to have created its own PATH variable
with c:/cygwin/bin ahead of a suitable path to the mingw binaries.

I can't figure out how to tell Eclipse that I do not want c:/cygwin /bin
in the path (editing doesn't seem to be enabled). Moreover, my Windows
environment variables do not refer to cygwin or mingw directories!

Any suggestions?

Yes, post in a relevant group. ;-)

You're off-topic here.

This group deals with C++, not configuration of Eclipse.