Eclipse XSD

mavis

Does anyone have any experiences or ideas about "Eclipse XSD packages"?

How is the performance of "XSD Parsing"?

Thank you in advance!

-Mavis

Joe Kesselman

mavis said:
Does anyone have any experiences or ideas about "Eclipse XSD packages"?
How is the performance of "XSD Parsing"?

If by "XSD parsing" you mean XML parsing with Schema validation, I
believe Eclipse users most often use the Xerces parser. Of course others
could also be used.

Or do you mean http://www.eclipse.org/xsd/?

Or do you mean schema-assisted XML editing?

Or do you mean assisted editing of XML Schemas?

Joe Kesselman

mavis said:
Cos I need to access and modified XML schemas.

Of course since schemas are themselves an XML based language, you can
use standard XML tools to manipulate them. But, yes, there may be
advantages to using a set of APIs more specifically tuned for this purpose.

I haven't played with this specific set, so I have no opinion about it.

mavis

thank you anyway!