    How is the performance of "XSD Parsing"?

    Thank you in advance!

    -Mavis
    mavis, Sep 20, 2006

  2. mavis wrote:
    > Does anyone have any experiences or ideas about "Eclipse XSD packages"?
    > How is the performance of "XSD Parsing"?

    If by "XSD parsing" you mean XML parsing with Schema validation, I
    believe Eclipse users most often use the Xerces parser. Of course others
    could also be used.

    Or do you mean http://www.eclipse.org/xsd/?

    Or do you mean schema-assisted XML editing?

    Or do you mean assisted editing of XML Schemas?

    Joe Kesselman, Sep 20, 2006

  3. mavis

    mavis Guest

    I mean http://www.eclipse.org/xsd/

    Cos I need to access and modified XML schemas.

    Xerces XSD apis only support "Access" instead of "Modifications"

    Thanks!

    mavis, Sep 20, 2006
  4. mavis

    mavis, Sep 20, 2006
  5. mavis wrote:
    > Cos I need to access and modified XML schemas.

    Of course since schemas are themselves an XML based language, you can
    use standard XML tools to manipulate them. But, yes, there may be
    advantages to using a set of APIs more specifically tuned for this purpose.

    I haven't played with this specific set, so I have no opinion about it.

    Joe Kesselman, Sep 20, 2006
  6. mavis

    mavis Guest

    thank you anyway!