EclipseMe MIDLET project failure

rasha_cs_99

Hi all,

I recently have updated the eclipse IDE to the newest version 3.1.2 and
downloaded the eclipseMe 1.2.3 and the J2ME toolkit 2.2...and I did all
the configuration for the eclipseMe...and created a new J2ME project
and new MIDLET, but when I try to debug it or run it a "Lanuching
Exception" error dialog arise....I tried to do everything again..but it
does not work...Can any one help telling me whats wrong? and if any of
you have tried any other IDE and it worked fine in developing a mobile
application, I appreciate telling me about it...

Thanx,
Rashrashetta

Darryl L. Pierce

Hi all,

I recently have updated the eclipse IDE to the newest version 3.1.2 and
downloaded the eclipseMe 1.2.3 and the J2ME toolkit 2.2...and I did all
the configuration for the eclipseMe...and created a new J2ME project
and new MIDLET, but when I try to debug it or run it a "Lanuching
Exception" error dialog arise....

What did the dialog say?
I tried to do everything again..but it
does not work...Can any one help telling me whats wrong?

Maybe if you would post what the dialog said.

Did you tell EclipseME where your WTK is installed?

--
Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]>
Homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com/

rasha_cs_99

The dialog says: Launching "Exception occurred executing command
line"...
Yes I told eclipseMe where is the WTK is installed and I already
created a Midlet suite...

Darryl L. Pierce

The dialog says: Launching "Exception occurred executing command
line"...

That's it? What did you try to execute, the MIDlet itself or the JAD file?

--
Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]>
Homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com/
"McVeigh's lawyer got him the death penalty, which, quite frankly,
I could have done." - Jon Stewart

rasha_cs_99

What I did is: right click the MIDlet class and Run as Emulated J2ME
MIDlet...and then this error arised...BTW when I press on Details in
the error dialog it says :
"CreateProcess: C:\WTK22\bin\emulator
-classPath"F:\programs\Java\EclipseUniv\MyMidlet\verified\classes"
-Xdevice:DefaultColorPhone
-Xdescriptor:F:\programs\Java\EclipseUniv\MyMidlet\MyMidlet.jad
-Xdomain: test 0 error=193"!!!!

visenger

Hello

EclipseME seems to be a bit buggy to me. I got some troubles with it
also, but after some experiments I found out that EclipseME does work
well with Eclipse 3.2 M3.

Perhaps you can try this out! Good luck!

Larysa

rasha_cs_99

Hi,
Darryl L. Pierce ....It is not a network device...I tried to understand
the error...but it is strange....especially that I tried to run a
simple J2ME application throught command line and it worked fine and I
could see the result!!! Strange,right?!
Btw...I've visited your homepage and I liked it....especially that you
have alot of interests beside being a programmer....I hope I'll be like
you after my graduation this semester ;)
Larysa ...Thank you for helping...I'll download the Eclipse 3.2 M3
I am thinking of removing everything and re-download it and make the
configuration agian...:(

Thanks

Darryl L. Pierce

Darryl L. Pierce ....It is not a network device...I tried to understand
the error...but it is strange....especially that I tried to run a
simple J2ME application throught command line and it worked fine and I
could see the result!!! Strange,right?!
Btw...I've visited your homepage and I liked it....especially that you
have alot of interests beside being a programmer....I hope I'll be like
you after my graduation this semester ;)

Thank you for the compliment. :)
Larysa ...Thank you for helping...I'll download the Eclipse 3.2 M3
I am thinking of removing everything and re-download it and make the
configuration agian...:(

Does EclipseME say it is compatible with Eclilpse 3.2? I use Eclipse 3.1 and
have no problems with EclipseME.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]>
Homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com/
"McVeigh's lawyer got him the death penalty, which, quite frankly,
I could have done." - Jon Stewart

rasha_cs_99

Ok..can you please tell me what JDK, J2ME, Eclipse and EclipseME
versions you use? I think that maybe my problem is related to the
versions?
Thanks for your help.

rasha_cs_99

helloooooo...guys please reply!! which versions I need to have things
working fine??

IchBin

helloooooo...guys please reply!! which versions I need to have things
working fine??
Eclipse 3.2 is something you may not want to run because of
compatibility. If running Eclipse 3.1 then JDK you can be running JDK 1.5.

As for J2ME and EclipseME can you see what their requirements are to run
with Eclipse 3.1. More than likely they will run.

You can check that out..
--

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

Darryl L. Pierce

Ok..can you please tell me what JDK, J2ME, Eclipse and EclipseME
versions you use? I think that maybe my problem is related to the
versions?

I'm using Java5, WTK 2.2, Eclipse 3.1.1 and EclipseME 1.0.0 on both Windows
XP Professional and Fedora Core 4 Linux.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]>
Homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com/
"McVeigh's lawyer got him the death penalty, which, quite frankly,
I could have done." - Jon Stewart

Darryl L. Pierce

helloooooo...guys please reply!! which versions I need to have things
working fine??

Dude, I was home sick over the weekend. Give me a chance.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]>
Homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com/
"McVeigh's lawyer got him the death penalty, which, quite frankly,
I could have done." - Jon Stewart

rasha_cs_99

Oooooh!! Darryl L. Pierce, I am so sorry for you. I hope you feel
better now . I'll try these versions.
Thank you very much and wish me luck in my project :)

Rashrashetta

Darryl L. Pierce

NP. Just didn't want to give the impression you were being ignored. I just
rarely check Usenet on the weekends since I'd rather be with my family
(we're expecting a baby any week now) or play video games. :D

--

Darryl said:
NP. Just didn't want to give the impression you were being ignored. I just
rarely check Usenet on the weekends since I'd rather be with my family
(we're expecting a baby any week now) or play video games. :D

^_^ May God bless your expected baby. Btw do you mind if I contact you
at your gmail? Thanks again.

Darryl L. Pierce

^_^ May God bless your expected baby. Btw do you mind if I contact you
at your gmail? Thanks again.

I'd prefer Usenet since that way others can get help from the discussion as
well. :)