ECMA-290 Implementation

Holger Grosse-Plankermann

Hi!

I am studying computer science at Aachen University in Germany. At the
moment I am writing my diploma thesis "A component model for
browser-located application in the domain of process control
engineering". Currently I am looking for similar works to compare my
model to.
I recently saw the ECMA-290 specification (ECMAScript Components) and
found a few notes which claim, that the Microsoft Scripting Host
Environment is based on this standard (among others Nigel McFarlane in
the book "Rapid Application Development using Mozilla").
Could somebody verify this statement and perhaps tell me if there are
any other known implementations? A link to some more or less official
document would be nice.
Is the ECMA-290 approach of any importance today and are there plans to
include component-like features in future ECMAScript/JavaScript Versions
(does it play a role in the design of JavaScript 2.0)?

Thanks in advance

Holger Grosse-Plankermann