ECMAScript interpreter for .NET

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Pavils Jurjans, Apr 13, 2005.

  1. Hello,

    I am developing a .NET project where I want to give end users ability
    to extend our application by writing their own clumsy JavaScript code.
    My vision is that user would have place in XML configuration file where
    he could write his code. The only way to communicate from the
    JavaScript code with the application would be global App object, which
    would contain set of documented methods and properties. The code could
    look like this:

    <onsave>
    var msg = "Saved on " + (new Date());
    App.message(msg);
    </onsave>

    I hope this is the right newsgroup to ask this, because my dream
    complies with the spirit of providing end users with powerful
    extendability via standard scripting language.

    The problem is, I could not find any project like ECMAScript
    interpreter for .NET. Perhaps there's none existant. But maybe someone
    on this group has developed something similar? Would be great to know!

    Thanks,

    Pavils

    Pavils Jurjans, Apr 13, 2005

  2. Pavils Jurjans wrote:

    > [...]
    > The only way to communicate from the JavaScript code with the application
    > would be global App object, which would contain set of documented methods
    > and properties. The code could look like this:
    >
    > <onsave>
    > var msg = "Saved on " + (new Date());
    > App.message(msg);
    > </onsave>
    >
    > The problem is, I could not find any project like ECMAScript
    > interpreter for .NET.

    JScript as supported by ASP.NET should suffice. But I wonder what
    App.message(msg) is supposed to do, even it is only an example.

    > Perhaps there's none existant.

    Perhaps there is.

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Apr 17, 2005