eCovers for my Product

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by DavidM, Jan 22, 2005.

  1. DavidM

    DavidM Guest

    I have an application that I would like to begin selling on my website. I
    would like to create an eCover for my software so that it will present a
    professional touch to my product. Currently, I will only be selling the
    software via an electronic download.

    I've seen many websites that utilize eCovers -- such as:

    http://www.xigla.com/
    http://www.sqlmanager.net/

    Does anyone know of a program that is catered to making these sorts of
    images?

    I realize I can use Photoshop or Fireworks to do this sort of thing, but I
    was really looking for a program that was designed specifically for this
    purpose and perhaps has various platform images, such as Microsoft, Mac,
    Windows, or whatever that can be stamped over top the images.

    Anyway - any help or links to online tutorials, etc., would be most
    appreciated.

    Thanks

    DavidM, Jan 22, 2005

  2. http://www.virtual-cover-creator.net/

    S. L.

    Sylvain Lafontaine, Jan 22, 2005

  3. http://www.virtual-cover-creator.net/

    S. L.

    Sylvain Lafontaine, Jan 22, 2005
  4. DavidM

    clintonG Guest

    Maybe being asked to pay $89.95 for Virtual Cover Creator will change your
    mind about learning the tools you already probably have huh :)

    --
    <%= Clinton Gallagher
    METROmilwaukee "Regional Information Services"

    clintonG, Jan 22, 2005
  5. DavidM

    Veign Guest

    Scott's Box Shot Maker (Free):
    http://boxshotmaker.com/index.html

    --
    Chris Hanscom - Microsoft MVP (VB)
    Veign's Resource Center

    Veign, Jan 22, 2005
  6. DavidM

    Steven Burn Guest

    > Maybe being asked to pay $89.95 for Virtual Cover Creator will change your
    > mind about learning the tools you already probably have huh :)

    lol, was thinking the exact same thing myself ........ <g>

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Jan 22, 2005
  7. DavidM

    DavidM Guest

    This is true!

    DavidM, Jan 22, 2005
  8. DavidM

    DavidM Guest

    Even some decent photoshop or fireworks tutorials would be nice.

    DavidM, Jan 22, 2005
  9. DavidM

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "DavidM" <> writing
    in news:#:

    > "Veign" <> wrote in message
    >> "DavidM" <> wrote in message
    >>> I have an application that I would like to begin selling on my
    >>> website. I
    >>> would like to create an eCover for my software so that it will
    >>> present a professional touch to my product. Currently, I will only
    >>> be selling the software via an electronic download.
    >>>
    >>> I've seen many websites that utilize eCovers -- such as:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.xigla.com/ http://www.sqlmanager.net/
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know of a program that is catered to making these sorts
    >>> of images?
    >>>
    >>> I realize I can use Photoshop or Fireworks to do this sort of thing,
    >>> but I
    >>> was really looking for a program that was designed specifically for
    >>> this purpose and perhaps has various platform images, such as
    >>> Microsoft, Mac, Windows, or whatever that can be stamped over top the
    >>> images.
    >>>
    >>> Anyway - any help or links to online tutorials, etc., would be most
    >>> appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>

    >> Scott's Box Shot Maker (Free): http://boxshotmaker.com/index.html
    >>
    >> --
    >> Chris Hanscom - Microsoft MVP (VB)
    >> Veign's Resource Center http://www.veign.com/vrc_main.asp --
    >>

    > Even some decent photoshop or fireworks tutorials would be nice.

    You can sort of copy and paste. Get an image you like, then paste it into
    your image editor. Create 2 shapes, one for the front, and one for the
    side, then add your own art work to each shape. You can probably trace the
    shapes from the image that you pasted into your image editor.

    Another option is to Google for such a tutorial, or try Googling in some of
    the image editor program groups.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info