edgesoft.ca site critique please

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Long, Oct 21, 2003.

  1. Long

    Long Guest

    Long, Oct 21, 2003

  2. Long pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Please kindly provide critique for our site at www.edgesoft.ca/go/index.html

    After a quick glance:

    Restyle your links so they look like links. An underline would do nicely.
    The color difference isn't enough and they look like some of your bold
    text; I wanted to click the bold words on the Service page. Drop the
    reverse-color on hover.

    The Privacy and Terms pages could have larger text. Save the small stuff
    for the footer.

    Good points: text is resizable, and it's not fixed-width design. <g>

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 21, 2003

  3. Beauregard T. Shagnasty pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
    > Long pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Please kindly provide critique for our site at www.edgesoft.ca/go/index.html

    > After a quick glance:

    I see you've cross-posted. F'ups to alt.html.critique

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 21, 2003
  4. Long

    Jay Guest

    "Long" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Please kindly provide critique for our site at

    www.edgesoft.ca/go/index.html

    > Thank you.
    >
    > --
    > Long On

    Color contrast not too good on navigation bar on the left. Hover effects on
    links could be different, maybe just change the color of the link to red
    when the user hovers it. Maybe underline your link text.

    All of the links on your home page content are bold except for your email
    link.

    Jay, Oct 21, 2003
  5. Long

    Long Guest

    : Long pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
    : > Hi,
    : >
    : > Please kindly provide critique for our site at www.edgesoft.ca/go/index.html
    :
    : After a quick glance:
    :
    : Restyle your links so they look like links. An underline would do nicely.
    : The color difference isn't enough and they look like some of your bold
    : text; I wanted to click the bold words on the Service page. Drop the
    : reverse-color on hover.
    :
    Yes, it is always good to have a fresh set of eyes to point out the obvious.

    : The Privacy and Terms pages could have larger text. Save the small stuff
    : for the footer.
    :
    I will increase the text size then.

    Thanks,

    Long

    Long, Oct 21, 2003
  6. Long

    Long Guest

    "Jay" <> wrote in message news:ydglb.1377$...
    :
    : "Long" <> wrote in message
    : news:_eflb.227138$ko%...
    : > Hi,
    : >
    : > Please kindly provide critique for our site at
    : www.edgesoft.ca/go/index.html
    : >
    : > Thank you.
    : >
    : > --
    : > Long On
    :
    : Color contrast not too good on navigation bar on the left. Hover effects on
    : links could be different, maybe just change the color of the link to red
    : when the user hovers it. Maybe underline your link text.
    :
    I admit I could use advice on better browser-safe color schemes.

    : All of the links on your home page content are bold except for your email
    : link.
    :
    I guess the point here is to have page-consistency.

    Thanks,

    Long

    Long, Oct 21, 2003