Edit Command in hierarchical datagrid ..

Dan C Douglas

I have created a hierarchical datagrid that consists of 1 datagrid nested insde of another datagrid. More technically it is actually 1 User control that contains a datagrid. I add this user control to each iteration of the Item_DataBound event, and therefore the same user control gets added to itself. It works perfectly for displaying the data.

The problem is when I click the edit button in a second level item in the datgrid (sub user control / sub datagrid). When I click it the EditCommand is not fired and on the post back only the first level datagrid items are created. Not any of the hierarchy / sub details.

I have tried a few things like adding event handlers to the EditCommand to point to the previous instance's EditCommand subroutine with no luck.

Has anyone encountered this or have been able to accomplish such a feet?

Thanks,

Dan