Edit Command of Datagrid WebControl

Robert Wehofer

Hello there!

How can I get rid of following behaviour:

If the edit button is clicked, the datagrid gets into edit mode. But it's
very annoying that the new page is build up at the top. So if you have bad
luck and you want to edit a row, which is located very far below, the row
disappears because of jumping to the top of the page. You have, then, to
scroll down to the concerned row, where you are now able to edit the
dataset.

How is it possible to build up the page in edit mode at the right position
in datagrid?

Regards,
Robert

alex bowers

Robert,
you have a couple of choices here:
(1) Only display the row the user is editing, hiding all
others, this obviously sets the current row at the top of
the datagrid!
(2) Insert a html anchor tag with #tag on the row that is
being edited, then set at some startup script to your
page that sets the page's location.href property to the
#tag you specified. This will have the effect of
scrolling the browser down to the desired location.

alex