Edit datagrid row without postback

Guest

Hi,

I have a datagrid contained textbox in the template column.

I want to create a button on each row, when a user hits the button the
textbox on column of the datagrid is enabled (no postback), an Update button
is enabled, user will update the data, when the user hits the update button,
then post back. Could anyone please tell me how do I achieve this?

Thanks
Ann

Guest

Hi Ann,

Generally, the case you want can be achieved by EditCommandColumn +
BoundColumn(s) (or template + textbox/checkbox/…). Once click Edit button,
you set the datagrid item (row) as edit item, then the labels change to
textboxes, Edit button changes to Cancel button and Update button. Details
please read following URL
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...owinguserstoedititemsindatagridwebcontrol.asp

But if you want achieve this in client-side (no post back), you should do it
in javascript.

HTH

Elton Wang
(e-mail address removed)