Edit Datagrid - show textbox and dropdown

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Anamika, Apr 15, 2004.

  1. Anamika

    Anamika Guest

    Hi All,
    I have a problem trying to edit the data in a datagrid control.
    I have 2 bound columns in the datagrid. I have added the following
    code inorder to edit the data. I want it such that certain rows of
    data when edited will bring the textbox control while certain other
    rows will bring a dropdownlist from where i can select a value.

    is it possible to do that in the SAME template column?
    Any help will be much appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Anamika

    ----
    <Columns>
    <asp:EditCommandColumn
    ButtonType="LinkButton"
    UpdateText="Update"
    CancelText="Cancel"
    EditText="Edit"
    ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center"
    HeaderText="Edit">
    </asp:EditCommandColumn>
    <asp:BoundColumn DataField="Header" HeaderText="Application
    Field"></asp:BoundColumn>
    <asp:BoundColumn DataField="Value" HeaderText="Field
    Value"></asp:BoundColumn>
    </Columns>
    Anamika, Apr 15, 2004

  2. Anamika

    Anamika Guest

    Hi Scott,
    Thanks for the response. I went through your site before posting here.
    I'll try toggling the controls during runtime like you suggested.

    Thanks,
    Anamika
    Anamika, Apr 20, 2004