Edit in Master-Detail Grid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ing. Rajesh Kumar, Mar 27, 2005.

  1. Hi Everybody
    I have Master Detail Grids. In Master Grid I am adding some buttons with
    different CommandNames. MasterGrid's OnItemCommand is as follows :
    Sub MasterGrid_Command(sender As Object, e As DataGridCommandEventArgs)
    IF E.CommandName = "xxx" Then
    'Do Something
    End IF
    IF E.CommandName = "ShowDetails" Then
    'Fill Details DataGrid
    End IF
    End Sub

    In DetailsGrid I have an Edit button which fires the following SUB, where I
    need help.
    Sub DetailsGrid_Edit(s As Object, e As DataGridCommandEventArgs)
    DetailsGrid.EditItemIndex = e.Item.ItemIndex
    MasterGrid_Command()
    End Sub

    I want to know, how should I pass the CommandName parameter "ShowDetails" to
    the MasterGrid_Command() SUB to rebind the DetailsGrid Correctly ?

    Thanks in advance
    Raja
    Ing. Rajesh Kumar, Mar 27, 2005