Edit quote line

tim

Hello All

I am writing an asp app for generating quotes. What I would like to do
is allow the user to edit the quote lines without having to open a new
page each line.

On the quote I have created a loop which goes through the recordset and
populates a sort of data grid. Can you use javascript or something so
the user can click an edit icon on the appropriate line item in the
grid and edit the line details there instead of having to open another
page to edit the line item.

some pointers would be great

Thanks

Timc

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Hello All

I am writing an asp app for generating quotes. What I would like to do
is allow the user to edit the quote lines without having to open a new
page each line.

On the quote I have created a loop which goes through the recordset
and populates a sort of data grid. Can you use javascript or
something so the user can click an edit icon on the appropriate line
item in the grid and edit the line details there instead of having
to open another page to edit the line item.

Sure, but this has nothing to do with ASP. You should ask any followup
questions in a clientside newsgroup such as
microsoft.public.scripting.jscript.

The idea is to use the onclick event of the icon/button to replace the
read-only elements in which the data of a particular row is displayed with
textboxes*. You would probably provide another icon/button in each row to
"commit" the changes, ie, replace the textboxes with readonly elements
containing the new data from the textboxes. Then you would probaly have a
submit button to submit the changes to a server-side page which can process
them.

*Alternatively, you could choose to display the data in disabled textboxes,
using the onclick event of the icon/button to toggle the textboxes between
disabled and enabled

Bob Barrows