    Thanks

    Timc
    , Oct 29, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > Hello All
    >
    > I am writing an asp app for generating quotes. What I would like to do
    > is allow the user to edit the quote lines without having to open a new
    > page each line.
    >
    > On the quote I have created a loop which goes through the recordset
    > and populates a sort of data grid. Can you use javascript or
    > something so the user can click an edit icon on the appropriate line
    > item in the grid and edit the line details there instead of having
    > to open another page to edit the line item.

    Sure, but this has nothing to do with ASP. You should ask any followup
    questions in a clientside newsgroup such as
    microsoft.public.scripting.jscript.

    The idea is to use the onclick event of the icon/button to replace the
    read-only elements in which the data of a particular row is displayed with
    textboxes*. You would probably provide another icon/button in each row to
    "commit" the changes, ie, replace the textboxes with readonly elements
    containing the new data from the textboxes. Then you would probaly have a
    submit button to submit the changes to a server-side page which can process
    them.

    *Alternatively, you could choose to display the data in disabled textboxes,
    using the onclick event of the icon/button to toggle the textboxes between
    disabled and enabled

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET