    Hi;
    What is the most simple way to make an editable combobox
    bounded to the database.
    Wael Bakr, Dec 23, 2003

  2. Wael Bakr

    MSFT Guest

    Hi Wael,

    What did you mean a "editable ComboBox"? Is an ASP or ASP.NET application?
    I saw your two posts today and another seems to be a ASP.NET issue,
    therefore, I suppose this one is also a ASP.NET issue. Is my understanding
    right? If so, you may use a ASP.NET DropDownList control and bind it to a
    Dataset.

    Luke
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)
    MSFT, Dec 24, 2003

  3. Wael Bakr

    Wael Bakr Guest

    Yes I am using asp.net.I am already using a dropdownlist
    control and it is binded to a dataset but the problem
    that i couldn't edit this dropdownlist for an example if
    I am making a database query depending on the selection
    from the droplist I want to type m* as to get all items
    starting with *. How could it be done?

    and confers no

    Wael Bakr, Dec 24, 2003
  4. Wael Bakr

    MSFT Guest

    HI Wael,

    Currently, ASP.NET DropDownList control doesn't support. I think you make
    the User input with a TextBox or DropDownlist. For example, put them in a
    RadioButton List. Or you may look for some third party controls which can
    done this.

    MSFT, Dec 25, 2003