editable datagrid and javascript.

Suma

Hi All,

I have an editable datagrid. When it is in edit mode, there is a textbox in
it into which the User has to compulsorily enter value.
I have written a javascript to check this. This gets fired on "Update"
command.
It actually works fine. It asks User to enter something if he has not.
But when User indeed enters something, and the control comes back to server
side, the Value in textbox is getting lost.
Any ideas as to why this must happen and please let me know a solution for
this.

P.S.: I am not overwriting the contents of this textbox in any way.

TIA
Suma.