Editable Datagrid Dropdownlist error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by anon, Apr 20, 2004.

  1. anon

    anon Guest

    Hi All,
    I have an editable datagrid which i created using the example on 4 guys
    from rolla
    http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/050801-1.2.shtml

    in this example the dataview is used as a source for the ddl in the edit
    mode, however is it possible to use just arrays, i tried having a
    function which has an array list with values for the dll but that did
    not work...
    also, how to set the value field for the ddl when in edit mode....has
    anyone made an editable grid along these lines....cud u plz post some
    code to help me out...?
    thanks
    Ben

    anon, Apr 20, 2004

  2. > I have an editable datagrid which i created using the example on 4 guys
    > from rolla
    > http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/050801-1.2.shtml
    >
    > in this example the dataview is used as a source for the ddl in the edit
    > mode, however is it possible to use just arrays, i tried having a
    > function which has an array list with values for the dll but that did
    > not work...
    > also, how to set the value field for the ddl when in edit mode....has
    > anyone made an editable grid along these lines....cud u plz post some
    > code to help me out...?

    Ben, I'm about to run off to bed, so I don't have the time right now to
    delve into a thorough answer (or ask the appropriate questions), but if
    you want to have a data-dependent DDL in a DataGrid, you might find it
    easier to use Andy Smith's free BoundLookupColumn control -
    http://metabuilders.com/Tools/BoundLookupColumn.aspx.

    hth

    --

    Scott Mitchell