Editable datagrid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Jesper Stocholm, May 17, 2004.

  1. I have a challenge, that I do not seem to be able to solve.

    I have an "overview"-page that presently displays data from 2 columns in a
    database table. The users should be allowed to edit data in the table, and
    I would think, that I could use an editable datagrid for this.

    However - I cannot find the right article that tells me how to do it. What
    I can't seem to figure out is this: The table-row has 7 fields that can be
    edited - one of them is a DateTime-field, and I would like the editable
    datagrid to display a asp:Calendar when in edit-mode. How do I display
    these fields - when only 2 fields are present in the overview-page? The
    data is initially entered by the user in a form somewhere else on the
    website, and basically I would like the edit-mode of the datagrid to mirror
    the form that was originally used.

    As I said, I have found some articles including som "Cutting Edge"-articles
    from MSDN Magazine, but I cannot seem to find one that has an example like
    I need. Could you point me to other articles?

    Thanks,

    :eek:)

    --
    Jesper Stocholm http://stocholm.dk

    Programmer's code comment:
    //It probably makes more sense when you're stoned.
    Jesper Stocholm, May 17, 2004