    The user should also be able to add new content to the list. I tried dropdownlist
    but its contents can not be changed. Is there any such web control?

    Ashish

    ashish_gokhale, Jan 27, 2005

  2. You could provide a similar functionality by having a textbox and a button.
    In the button click event of the button you could have the following:
    DropDownList1.Items.Add(TextBox1.Text)

    This will add the text written in the textbox to the dropdown list.
    Hope this helps you
    Regards
    Mohamed El Ashmawy
    MEA Developer Support Center
    ITWorx on behalf of Microsoft EMEA GTSC

    Mohamed El Ashmawy, Jan 27, 2005

  3. Here's a free control that does that:

    ComboBox Control
    This is an emulation of the Windows.Forms ComboBox. It is the combination of
    a Textbox, with a DropDownList. For browsers with good script and css
    support, the control will display as a normal ComboBox. For older browsers
    or those with poor script or css support, the control will display as a pair
    of controls, one TextBox and one DropDownList. Either way the serverside
    progmattic interface will be the same.

    http://www.metabuilders.com/Tools/ComboBox.aspx

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jan 27, 2005