Editable dropdown list

ashish_gokhale

Hi Everyone
I need to show list of items on the webpage. The user
should also be able to edit the content of the list just like a textbox.
The user should also be able to add new content to the list. I tried dropdownlist
but its contents can not be changed. Is there any such web control?

Ashish

Mohamed El Ashmawy

You could provide a similar functionality by having a textbox and a button.
In the button click event of the button you could have the following:
DropDownList1.Items.Add(TextBox1.Text)

This will add the text written in the textbox to the dropdown list.
Hope this helps you
Regards
Mohamed El Ashmawy
MEA Developer Support Center
ITWorx on behalf of Microsoft EMEA GTSC

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Here's a free control that does that:

ComboBox Control
This is an emulation of the Windows.Forms ComboBox. It is the combination of
a Textbox, with a DropDownList. For browsers with good script and css
support, the control will display as a normal ComboBox. For older browsers
or those with poor script or css support, the control will display as a pair
of controls, one TextBox and one DropDownList. Either way the serverside
progmattic interface will be the same.

http://www.metabuilders.com/Tools/ComboBox.aspx