    thanks - dave
    david_at_windward_dot_net
    http://www.windwardreports.com

    David Thielen, Mar 10, 2006

  2. Hi Dave,

    For your scenario, the data columns will have strong dependecy on one
    another, we may need much customization on the EditTemplate. In my opinion,
    use a single row specific DataBound control (like DetailsView, FormView) is
    preferred. And IMO, FormView should be the most appropriate one since it
    dosn't by default separate each data column's template by Field boundary.
    You can design the Item and Edit Template for all the database columns in a
    single Template, this will be very helpful if you'll add many customization
    on the input fields for each column or add some dependent code logic on
    them.

    #FormView Web Server Control Overview
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library(d=robot)/ms227992.aspx

    Hope this helps.