editing a wxGrid

Discussion in 'Python' started by marvin, Apr 17, 2004.

  1. marvin

    marvin Guest

    hi-

    i worked on a project in TCL/TK found at j_m_mc.tripod.com. I want to
    allow the user to edit the table using wxGrid and python.

    I'm just looking for some tips. For i.e. in sqlite and TCL most data is
    represented as a string. When do data types become an issue in this
    instance? If I allow the user to edit directly in a cell it seems it
    doesnt really matter because you can only enforce data validation if i
    use a form anyways as far as the data types go. I mean with sqlite the
    primary reason for using data types is in case i want to ever switch
    dbs. I cant remember off the top of my head but I think access or
    paradox would complain if you used a string for instance in a date
    field. So without some checking be in forced maybe it is not a good
    idea to directly allow editing in the table anyways.

    Is a better way stepping through or searching the array that populates
    the TkTable query result and tying it to a form that validates somehow?

    bottom line...i'm looking to extend my program a little and wondered
    if anything along these lines is feasible.

    thanks,
    marvin
    marvin, Apr 17, 2004