Editing any of gridviews on a page makes bound controls in datalist disappear.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by HP, Nov 30, 2006.

  1. HP

    HP Guest

    Hi there

    I have a datalist control with some bound controls in its Item Template
    and a gridview bound to one of those fields (residing also in Item
    Template).

    I've found out that when I click Edit on the gridview (same happens
    when editing other gridview which is outside the datalist) all datalist
    bound fields (except the gridview) disappear, and they don't appear
    after submitting GV changes - they do only after changing value of some
    control to which all controls on the page are bound.

    those bound fields that disappear have different object data source
    than 2 gridviews that seem to interfere with them. they are normal
    datalist labels bound with eval() and controls that they are bound to
    stay visible all the time (so it's not a question of empty datasource
    control parameter).
    what may happen during gridview edit mode switch?

    thanks very much for any hints
    HP

    HP, Nov 30, 2006