    So I don't know how to get to that environment.rb file. I can change
    all othe others but not sure if that will change these Ruby files.

    Rae

    Rae, Feb 11, 2007

  2. Rae

    Chris Carter Guest

    On 2/11/07, Rae <> wrote:
    > I did a search on the internet to try to find a way to get rid of
    > message:
    > C:0:Warning: require_gem is obsolete. Use gem instead.
    >
    > I found in an old archive, the following suggestion:
    > "You can fix it in environment.rb. Find the 'require_gem' lines and
    > replace them with 'gem' "
    >
    > When I do a search on my computer for this environment.rb file, I
    > find several of them in various folders, but many do not show up as to
    > their location. If I right click on them from the search window, (This
    > is all in Windows XP), it has an open option, but no open with option.
    > So I don't know how to get to that environment.rb file. I can change
    > all othe others but not sure if that will change these Ruby files.
    >
    > Rae

    Hi Rae,
    The environment.rb suggestion is only if you use Ruby on Rails. The
    warning is given by libraries you might use that are out of date, and
    use the recently deprecated require_gem, you need to wwait for the
    maintainer to update the package

    --
    Chris Carter
    concentrationstudios.com

    Chris Carter, Feb 11, 2007

  3. Rae

    Rae Guest

    On Feb 11, 1:59 pm, "Chris Carter" <> wrote:
    > On 2/11/07, Rae <> wrote:
    >

    > > I did a search on the internet to try to find a way to get rid of
    > > message:
    > > C:0:Warning: require_gem is obsolete. Use gem instead.

    > > I found in an old archive, the following suggestion:
    > > "You can fix it in environment.rb. Find the 'require_gem' lines and
    > > replace them with 'gem' "

    > > When I do a search on my computer for this environment.rb file, I
    > > find several of them in various folders, but many do not show up as to
    > > their location. If I right click on them from the search window, (This
    > > is all in Windows XP), it has an open option, but no open with option.
    > > So I don't know how to get to that environment.rb file. I can change
    > > all othe others but not sure if that will change these Ruby files.

    > > Rae

    > Hi Rae,
    > The environment.rb suggestion is only if you use Ruby on Rails. The
    > warning is given by libraries you might use that are out of date, and
    > use the recently deprecated require_gem, you need to wwait for the
    > maintainer to update the package
    >
    > --
    > Chris Carter
    > concentrationstudios.com
    > brynmawrcs.com- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks for the reply.
    I use InstantRails.exe .
    I'm not sure what you mean by
    "wait[ing] for the maintainer to update the package."

    But if its not going to affect my ability to play with the program or
    run tutorials and such, I won't worry about it.
    Rae

    Rae, Feb 11, 2007
  4. On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 02:25:05AM +0900, Rae wrote:
    > I did a search on the internet to try to find a way to get rid of
    > message:
    > C:0:Warning: require_gem is obsolete. Use gem instead.
    >
    > I found in an old archive, the following suggestion:
    > "You can fix it in environment.rb. Find the 'require_gem' lines and
    > replace them with 'gem' "
    >
    > When I do a search on my computer for this environment.rb file, I
    > find several of them in various folders, but many do not show up as to
    > their location.

    As usual, the best way to do anything in Windows is to do it in DOS :)
    Start -> Run... cmd

    C:\> dir \environment.rb /s

    will find you all the files (with their locations!), and

    C:\> edit \path\to\environment.rb

    will let you edit them.

    Regards,

    Brian.