    page fill out nicely. How would I set up my page to fill out this way?

    Thanks In Advance.

    D.C.

    David Chandler, Jul 22, 2005

  2. Blinky the Shark, Jul 22, 2005

  3. Thanks!! That's a pretty cool website! I don't know if it answers my
    question though!!

    Check out the Wahoo Computers website to see what I'm talking about...

    http://www.wahoocomputers.com

    Thanks.

    D.C.

    David Chandler, Jul 22, 2005
  4. David Chandler wrote:

    > Thanks!! That's a pretty cool website! I don't know if it answers my
    > question though!!

    It doesn't. It addresses another problem.

    Please don't top post. This isn't "Jeopardy".

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 22, 2005
  5. On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 03:55:43 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > David Chandler wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks!! That's a pretty cool website! I don't know if it answers my
    >> question though!!

    > It doesn't. It addresses another problem.
    >
    > Please don't top post. This isn't "Jeopardy".

    Okay...

    Anyway, what's the OTHER problem? You're leaving me in suspense! :)

    D.C.

    David Chandler, Jul 22, 2005
  6. David Chandler wrote:
    > On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 03:55:43 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> David Chandler wrote:

    >>> Thanks!! That's a pretty cool website! I don't know if it answers my
    >>> question though!!

    >> It doesn't. It addresses another problem.

    >> Please don't top post. This isn't "Jeopardy".

    > Okay...

    > Anyway, what's the OTHER problem? You're leaving me in suspense! :)

    I don't know, which is why I haven't made something up just for the
    sake of taking up space here. :) But I hope you get that enormous-page
    issue worked out. And thanks for quitting top posting.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 22, 2005
  7. On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 04:27:06 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > David Chandler wrote:

    >>> It doesn't. It addresses another problem.

    >>> Please don't top post. This isn't "Jeopardy".

    >> Okay...

    >> Anyway, what's the OTHER problem? You're leaving me in suspense! :)

    > I don't know, which is why I haven't made something up just for the
    > sake of taking up space here. :) But I hope you get that enormous-page
    > issue worked out. And thanks for quitting top posting.

    Your welcome! I'm a top poster from back in the day! That might be due to
    the fact that Deja News (now Google) used to place the cursor at the
    beginning of your reply instead of the end. I was addicted to Deja News.
    Sorry, bad habits are hard to break I guess!!

    Anyway, I'm sure that site will come in handy!

    Thanks again!

    David Chandler, Jul 22, 2005
  8. David Chandler wrote:

    > On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 04:27:06 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    <snip>

    >> I don't know, which is why I haven't made something up just for the
    >> sake of taking up space here. :) But I hope you get that
    >> enormous-page issue worked out. And thanks for quitting top posting.

    > Your welcome! I'm a top poster from back in the day! That might be
    > due to the fact that Deja News (now Google) used to place the cursor
    > at the beginning of your reply instead of the end. I was addicted to
    > Deja News.

    It's the user's hardly-awesome responsibility to use arrow or page-down
    keys, or the mouse, to post elsewhere (snipping on the way down).

    The Awful Truth: http://blinkynet.net/comp/toppost.html

    > Sorry, bad habits are hard to break I guess!!

    > Anyway, I'm sure that site will come in handy!

    If for no reason than to keep remind you that that page is waaaaay too
    large at over a half a megabyte.

    > Thanks again!

    You're welcome.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 22, 2005
  9. David Chandler wrote:
    > I just sat down and started delving into the nuts and bolts of Dreamweaver
    > and came up with the following so far...
    > http://users.rcn.com/solitude439/

    First, your page is way too heavy. I will assume this is because of
    how you made your Flash object. Lose the flash or make it work right
    by importing the images dynamically. This will totally lighten up your
    page. Also, look at "swish" (google it for URL) it is a great tool for
    making flash for people that don't have a clue about flash.

    > I know it looks somewhat amateurish...

    Na it looks like everything else out there.

    > but what I'm trying to do is to get
    > the graphics that I'm using for the top and the sides to fill out in any
    > resolution.

    Then stop setting a height. Also do a google for "design any size" or
    wait around and someone will give you the links here. It is a topic
    discussed quite often here.

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Jul 22, 2005
  10. David Chandler

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Blinky the Shark quothed:

    > If for no reason than to keep remind you that that page is waaaaay too
    > large at over a half a megabyte.

    Oh, *that's* why it didn't finish loading. I was going to tell DC but I
    think now he knows.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Jul 22, 2005
  11. David Chandler

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:28:45 -0400, David Chandler <>
    wrote:

    >the left side and the bottom cut off at a certain
    >point which if Joe Shmoe with the high res plasma screen wanted to view my
    >web page it would only fill out one corner of the browser.

    Learn some CSS, starting with the backgrund-image property. Then look
    at the settings for background-repeat : repeat-x;

    You'll need a background stripe that's tall, thin and can be repeated ad
    infinitum. Then overlay the top-left triangle over the top as a separate
    image.

    Andy Dingley, Jul 22, 2005
  12. Neredbojias wrote:
    > With neither quill nor qualm, Blinky the Shark quothed:

    >> If for no reason than to keep remind you that that page is waaaaay too
    >> large at over a half a megabyte.

    > Oh, *that's* why it didn't finish loading. I was going to tell DC but I
    > think now he knows.

    No ack that it means anything to him, but he has that information, yes.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 22, 2005
  13. On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:07:55 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Neredbojias wrote:
    >> With neither quill nor qualm, Blinky the Shark quothed:

    >>> If for no reason than to keep remind you that that page is waaaaay too
    >>> large at over a half a megabyte.

    >> Oh, *that's* why it didn't finish loading. I was going to tell DC but I
    >> think now he knows.

    > No ack that it means anything to him, but he has that information, yes.

    You guys have given me some very informative stuff! Thanks so much!

    David Chandler, Jul 24, 2005