Editing the datagrid

Raterus

Here is my only problem with using the datagrid to edit data. Say I have a
moderate sized table, with about 15 columns. I want to allow a user to be
able to edit most all of these fields, except for say a primary key. If I
use the edit capabilities of the datagrid, I'll end up with a grid about 15
columns wide, which most certainly won't fit on one page (scrolling
left/right in a webpage a big thing I try to avoid).

What I'd like is the ability to edit a column, but a vertical editing
interface, not horizontal. So far the only way I've found to do this is
create my own editing interface not even using the DataGrid. Am I missing
something?, trust me I'd love to be able to use an existing control to do
this, it just doesn't seem like there is one to do that though.

Any help would be great!
--Michael