    asit Guest

    I am a newbie in perl. I mostly write scripts in windows platform.

    Can anyone tell me which is the best editor in perl ????
    asit, Sep 18, 2008

  2. asit <> writes:

    > I am a newbie in perl. I mostly write scripts in windows platform.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me which is the best editor in perl ????

    My best editor is the one I use.

    See perlfaq3

    Joost Diepenmaat, Sep 18, 2008

  3. asit

    ajcrm125 Guest

    On Sep 18, 9:12 am, asit <> wrote:
    > I am a newbie in perl. I mostly write scripts in windows platform.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me which is the best editor in perl ????

    Programmers Notepad is the best as far as I'm concerned. It supports
    any language and has a ton of features.
    http://www.pnotepad.org/
    ajcrm125, Sep 18, 2008
  4. asit

    John Bokma Guest

    John Bokma, Sep 18, 2008
  5. John Bokma wrote:
    > asit <> wrote:
    >
    >> I am a newbie in perl. I mostly write scripts in windows platform.
    >>
    >> Can anyone tell me which is the best editor in perl ????

    > <http://johnbokma.com/mexit/2008/04/16/which-editor-for-perl-hacking.html>

    Failed to Connect

    Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at johnbokma.com.

    Though the site seems valid, the browser was unable to establish a
    connection.

    * Could the site be temporarily unavailable? Try again later.
    * Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's
    network connection.
    * Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy?
    Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

    --
    Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
    If you have a difficult task, give it to a lazy person; they'll find an
    Andrew DeFaria, Sep 18, 2008
  6. Andrew DeFaria <> wrote:
    >-=-=-=-=-=-
    >
    >John Bokma wrote:
    >> asit <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am a newbie in perl. I mostly write scripts in windows platform.
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone tell me which is the best editor in perl ????

    >> <http://johnbokma.com/mexit/2008/04/16/which-editor-for-perl-hacking.html>

    >Failed to Connect
    >
    >Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at johnbokma.com.

    This works (at least for) now:

    http://google.com/search?q=cache:37...2008/04/16/which-editor-for-perl-hacking.html

    (FWIW)
    --
    Steven O'Neill
    Brooklyn, NY http://www.panix.com/~steveo
    Steven M. O'Neill, Sep 18, 2008
  7. Andrew DeFaria wrote:
    > John Bokma wrote:
    >> asit <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am a newbie in perl. I mostly write scripts in windows platform.
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone tell me which is the best editor in perl ????

    >> <http://johnbokma.com/mexit/2008/04/16/which-editor-for-perl-hacking.html>

    > Failed to Connect
    >
    > Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at johnbokma.com.
    >
    > Though the site seems valid, the browser was unable to establish a
    > connection.
    >
    > * Could the site be temporarily unavailable? Try again later.
    > * Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's
    > network connection.
    > * Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy?
    > Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

    Worked for me a while ago, works for me now.
    Firefox.

    --
    RGB
    RedGrittyBrick, Sep 18, 2008
  8. asit <> wrote:
    >I am a newbie in perl. I mostly write scripts in windows platform.
    >Can anyone tell me which is the best editor in perl ????

    I don't know of any editor in Perl. If you are asking for the best
    editor for programming Perl, then please see the FAQ "perldoc -q editor"

    "Is there an IDE or Windows Perl Editor?"

    As usual Emacs has a powerful Perl mode (see "perldoc -q emacs"). I
    suppose other editors do, too.

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Sep 18, 2008
  9. asit

    John Bokma Guest

    RedGrittyBrick <> wrote:

    > Worked for me a while ago, works for me now.
    > Firefox.

    Thanks. It seems that my hosting provider has "some time ago" changed the
    IP address of the server, and for some reason today is the day that it
    breaks for a lot of my visitors, *sigh*.

    --
    John http://johnbokma.com/ - Hacking & Hiking in Mexico

    Perl help in exchange for a gift:
    http://johnbokma.com/perl/help-in-exchange-for-a-gift.html
    John Bokma, Sep 18, 2008
  10. asit

    John Bokma Guest

    Jürgen Exner <> wrote:

    > asit <> wrote:
    >>I am a newbie in perl. I mostly write scripts in windows platform.
    >>Can anyone tell me which is the best editor in perl ????

    > I don't know of any editor in Perl.

    Scintilla + Wx makes that possible in an easy way as far as I know, and
    indeed:

    http://kephra.sourceforge.net/site/en/home_news.shtml
    http://padre.perlide.org/

    John Bokma, Sep 18, 2008
  11. asit

    cartercc Guest

    I like gvim, a Windows port of vim (vi). This is my editor of choice
    for both Linux and Windows.

    http://www.vim.org/download.php

    I also use notepad and Textpad.

    CC

    cartercc, Sep 18, 2008
  12. John Bokma wrote:
    > RedGrittyBrick <> wrote:
    >> Worked for me a while ago, works for me now. Firefox.

    > Thanks. It seems that my hosting provider has "some time ago" changed
    > the IP address of the server, and for some reason today is the day
    > that it breaks for a lot of my visitors, *sigh*.

    And Murphy was an optimist!

    Just pointing out the problem so you could address it.
    --
    Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
    Why do we say something is out of whack? What's a whack?
    Andrew DeFaria, Sep 19, 2008