    --

    Davémon
    http://www.nightsoil.co.uk/
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Dav=E9mon?=, Dec 7, 2005

  2. __/ [Davémon] on Wednesday 07 December 2005 10:15 \__

    > Hello,
    >
    > Can anyone recommend a windows based WYSIWYG html editor which handles
    >
    > css floats
    > css overflow
    > standards compliant html
    >
    > TIA

    I am not too sure about handling of css floats and overflow, but have a look
    at Nvu:

    http://www.nvu.com/

    As I once noticed that you had a blog-like site, how about a CMS? WordPress
    (to be released as 2.0 next year) has a WYSIWYG interface, which is of
    course Web-based.

    TinyMCE is finally integrated with WordPress:

    http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/

    You will need to get the latest nightly build though. Join in and help
    debugging... *smile*

    http://wordpress.org/download/nightly/

    I can assure you that it's stable, but I found a collision with AdBlock a
    couple of days ago. Apart from that, it's excellent!

    Hope it helps,

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: Digits 772-777 of Pi are 999999
    http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
    Roy Schestowitz, Dec 7, 2005

  3. Roy Schestowitz arranged shapes to form:

    > __/ [Davémon] on Wednesday 07 December 2005 10:15 \__
    >

    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Can anyone recommend a windows based WYSIWYG html editor which handles
    >>
    >> css floats
    >> css overflow
    >> standards compliant html
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>

    > I am not too sure about handling of css floats and overflow, but have a look
    > at Nvu:
    >
    > http://www.nvu.com/

    Will do, looks interesting...

    > As I once noticed that you had a blog-like site, how about a CMS?

    It's not for me, but a small client who's running out of budget (couldn't
    even afford the MySQL from their host, let alone me to implement it).

    <snip Wordpress 2.0>

    > I can assure you that it's stable, but I found a collision with AdBlock a
    > couple of days ago. Apart from that, it's excellent!

    Thanks for the update! I'm running WP and I'll look at upgrading when I get
    a moment, it would need some serious hacking to get it to do what the
    client needs.

    --

    Davémon
    http://www.nightsoil.co.uk/