    http://www.seanmcallister.com/html/index.html
    tia

    and im still learning so no laughing please
    the idiot, Feb 28, 2005

  2. the idiot

    Richard Guest

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:54:13 -0000 the idiot wrote:

    > ive rebuilt my site using scrolling divs instead of iframes but appear to
    > have lost my main scrollybar...
    > is this a natural result of using scrolling divs or have i done something
    > very very wrong?
    > http://www.seanmcallister.com/html/index.html
    > tia
    >
    > and im still learning so no laughing please

    Yup. Since you designed the page to fit nicely into 1024x768 no scrollbars
    needed.
    Interesting way of doing things. But I'd give the text area a bit more
    height.
    You could drop the email block down beside "tenfoot films".
    Unless you plan on adding more text later, I see no viable reason for the
    scrollbars.
    Good job.
    Richard, Mar 1, 2005

  3. the idiot wrote:
    > ive rebuilt my site using scrolling divs instead of iframes but appear to
    > have lost my main scrollybar...
    > is this a natural result of using scrolling divs or have i done something
    > very very wrong?
    > http://www.seanmcallister.com/html/index.html
    > tia
    >
    > and im still learning so no laughing please

    Sean:
    In your stylesheet, notice the 'overflow' setting....

    BODY { margin-top:5px; background: #45678A;overflow: hidden;}

    remove it and see what happens! Then reference

    http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visufx.html#overflow-clipping

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 1, 2005
  4. the idiot

    the idiot Guest

    > the idiot wrote:
    > > ive rebuilt my site using scrolling divs instead of iframes but appear

    > > have lost my main scrollybar...
    > > is this a natural result of using scrolling divs or have i done

    something
    > > very very wrong?
    > > http://www.seanmcallister.com/html/index.html
    > > tia
    > >
    > > and im still learning so no laughing please
    > >

    > Sean:
    > In your stylesheet, notice the 'overflow' setting....
    >
    > BODY { margin-top:5px; background: #45678A;overflow: hidden;}
    >
    > remove it and see what happens! Then reference
    >
    > http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visufx.html#overflow-clipping
    >

    > --

    will try that ta...
    the idiot, Mar 1, 2005
  5. the idiot

    the idiot Guest

    > On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:54:13 -0000 the idiot wrote:
    >
    > > ive rebuilt my site using scrolling divs instead of iframes but appear

    > > have lost my main scrollybar...
    > > is this a natural result of using scrolling divs or have i done

    something
    > > very very wrong?
    > > http://www.seanmcallister.com/html/index.html
    > > tia
    > >
    > > and im still learning so no laughing please
    > >

    > Yup. Since you designed the page to fit nicely into 1024x768 no

    scrollbars
    > needed.
    > Interesting way of doing things. But I'd give the text area a bit more
    > height.
    > You could drop the email block down beside "tenfoot films".
    > Unless you plan on adding more text later, I see no viable reason for the
    > scrollbars.
    > Good job.

    ahhh but no but no but yes but its just when i drop the resolution to 800
    this page gets almost lost. at 640 its worse.
    http://www.seanmcallister.com/html/pics.html
    the idiot, Mar 1, 2005
  6. the idiot

    the idiot Guest

    > the idiot wrote:
    > > ive rebuilt my site using scrolling divs instead of iframes but appear

    > > have lost my main scrollybar...
    > > is this a natural result of using scrolling divs or have i done

    something
    > > very very wrong?
    > > http://www.seanmcallister.com/html/index.html
    > > tia
    > >
    > > and im still learning so no laughing please
    > >

    > Sean:
    > In your stylesheet, notice the 'overflow' setting....
    >
    > BODY { margin-top:5px; background: #45678A;overflow: hidden;}
    >
    > remove it and see what happens! Then reference
    >
    > http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visufx.html#overflow-clipping
    >

    > --

    aha cheers sir... i thought the 'overflow hidden' bit was an essential part
    of the coding for a scrolling div... which id nicked from a page showing
    how to make one - thatll teach me.
    ta very much again.
    kev
    the idiot, Mar 1, 2005
  7. the idiot

    the idiot Guest

    "the idiot" <> wrote in message

    > "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
    > > On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:54:13 -0000 the idiot wrote:
    > >
    > > > ive rebuilt my site using scrolling divs instead of iframes but

    appear
    > > > have lost my main scrollybar...
    > > > is this a natural result of using scrolling divs or have i done

    > something
    > > > very very wrong?
    > > > http://www.seanmcallister.com/html/index.html
    > > > tia
    > > >
    > > > and im still learning so no laughing please
    > > >

    > > Yup. Since you designed the page to fit nicely into 1024x768 no

    > scrollbars
    > > needed.
    > > Interesting way of doing things. But I'd give the text area a bit more
    > > height.
    > > You could drop the email block down beside "tenfoot films".
    > > Unless you plan on adding more text later, I see no viable reason for

    the
    > > scrollbars.
    > > Good job.
    > >

    > ahhh but no but no but yes but its just when i drop the resolution to 800
    > this page gets almost lost. at 640 its worse.
    > http://www.seanmcallister.com/html/pics.html

    prob solved....... ta
    the idiot, Mar 1, 2005
  8. the idiot

    jake Guest

    jake, Mar 1, 2005
  9. the idiot

    the idiot Guest

    "jake" <> wrote in message
    > In message <>, the idiot
    > <> writes
    > >ive rebuilt my site using scrolling divs instead of iframes but appear

    > >have lost my main scrollybar...
    > >is this a natural result of using scrolling divs or have i done something
    > >very very wrong?
    > >http://www.seanmcallister.com/html/index.html
    > >tia
    > >
    > >and im still learning so no laughing please
    > >

    > "eek where my main navigation" ;-)
    >
    > http://www.gododdin.demon.co.uk/ng/EEK01X.JPG (45k)

    bugger. youve just made a good (if wet & cold) day very very bad.
    arghhhhhhhhhh.
    what do you have turned off to cause such madness?
    the idiot, Mar 1, 2005
  10. the idiot

    Steve Pugh Guest

    Steve Pugh, Mar 1, 2005
  11. the idiot

    the idiot Guest

    the idiot, Mar 1, 2005
  12. the idiot wrote:

    > "Steve Pugh" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> "the idiot" <> wrote:
    >>> what do you have turned off to cause such madness?

    >> JavaScript.

    > do many folk do this - is it something i should worry about - oh
    > dear dear dear?

    Anywhere from 5-15%, I'd imagine. The W3Schools stats page says 10%.

    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 1, 2005