    make sure the performance of the site is where it needs to be.

    THank you!

    Sean

    DKode, Jun 7, 2005

  2. The system you have is okay, but it can be a bit heavy handed when simply
    redirecting someone to the HTML page is more efficient. Consider attacking
    from another angle: Set up an HTTP Handler up front that dissects the URL and
    then send the user to the appropriate page, HTML or ASP.NET based on your
    dissection. This will allow you to be rather full-featured on redirects
    without incurring a huge perf penalty. On the negative side, this approach is
    a bit more tedious to program and debug; in that case, a simple redirect may
    be in order.

    Hope this helps.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    ***************************
    Think Outside the Box!
    ***************************

    =?Utf-8?B?Q293Ym95IChHcmVnb3J5IEEuIEJlYW1lcikgLSBN, Jun 7, 2005

  3. DKode

    DKode Guest

    the reason I opted to read the html files in, is because the site is in
    asp.net, there are a number of static pages that are usually just
    content wrapped in a table. For this reason I couldnt redirect them to
    the html page because the shell of the site is in ASP.NET

    thank you

    sean

    DKode, Jun 8, 2005