effecient template system

DKode

Hello,

I have created a website that uses a combonation of a content
management system and static html pages.

The CMS is built with asp.net, and now I am trying to determine the
best way to pull in the html content into my asp.net site. So far what
I have done is when someone requests a specific query string, I read
the html file using StreamReader and then output to a UserControl with
a LiteralControl in it to display the static content.

Is there a more effecient way to accomplish this? When this site goes
live, off the bat it will be getting 1000-2000 hits a day and I want to
make sure the performance of the site is where it needs to be.

THank you!

Sean

Guest

The system you have is okay, but it can be a bit heavy handed when simply
redirecting someone to the HTML page is more efficient. Consider attacking
from another angle: Set up an HTTP Handler up front that dissects the URL and
then send the user to the appropriate page, HTML or ASP.NET based on your
dissection. This will allow you to be rather full-featured on redirects
without incurring a huge perf penalty. On the negative side, this approach is
a bit more tedious to program and debug; in that case, a simple redirect may
be in order.

Hope this helps.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

DKode

the reason I opted to read the html files in, is because the site is in
asp.net, there are a number of static pages that are usually just
content wrapped in a table. For this reason I couldnt redirect them to
the html page because the shell of the site is in ASP.NET

thank you

sean